Most Italian women skip the Sophia Loren cat-eyes and full face makeup. Yet, somehow Italian women seem to always have their beauty in place – effortless polish, refinement and spark.
WHAT'S THE SECRET?
According to Monica Bellucci, who became the oldest "bond girl" ever at age 51, embracing minimal makeup:
"I take care of my skin, as luminosity is the basis of all good makeup. I am religious about cleansing and moisturizing."
And, according to raising star Mitzi Peirone, overall the biggest difference between American and Italian beauty is:
"American women might go for what makes them look good, but Italian women go for what makes them feel good."
The secret to Italian beauty, particularly for older women, is taking care of yourself inside and out.
Here Are 5 Simple Tips:
1. Stress is the true beauty enemy, it makes anyone look and feel worse.
Relaxation is a virtue in Italian culture. Slow-down and savour the simple things in life like a beautiful sunset or a warm bath.
2. Italian beauty is dedicated to moisturizing and hydrating skin.
Think rich facial moisturizer, a gentle cleanser, organic serums and a natural eye cream.
3. Italian women use fresh aloe, olive oil, and crushed flowers on their skin.
Using the power of mother nature since Roman times — these help fight free radicals, enhance glow, and are naturally anti-inflammatory.
4. Do not wear eyeshadow at all. And, color sparingly, the key is restraint, less is more.
The new makeup, is no makeup. A typical Italian eye look these days will consist of only two things — pencil liner (either black or brown) and a bit of mascara.
5. Know the farm where your food and flowers come from.
Called "zero-kilometer living" Italians prefer local fresh ingredients for whatever they put on their skin or in their body.