Often when we think about foods that boost our beauty, it's in reference to rare and exotic plants shrouded in marketing hype.
But you don't have to rely on fancy ingredients for healthy skin. Some of the foods already in your kitchen can do the trick- carrots being one of them.
BEAUTY SECRETS IN YOUR FRIDGE
Carrots. They're so common that we take them for granted. We don't consider them a beauty food. But did you know that consuming more carrots can elevate your beauty routine? Let's look at 3 advantages that carrots give to your skin.
Three beauty benefits of carrots
1. Healthy glow
The orange color your hands get from handling carrots is due to the antioxidant beta carotene. Increasing your intake of carrots gives you more beta carotene, which also causes a natural healthy glow.
2. Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Apart from the antioxidant and healthy glow benefits of beta carotene, it also contributes to firm skin. One cup of carrot juice gives you about 22 mg of beta-carotene.
3. Controlling oily skin
Recent scientific studies prove that certain foods such as high-glycemic items and dairy products can trigger the surplus production of oil in the skin.
Cutting back on dairy and eating a low-glycemic diet improves the condition of oily skin.
How to eat more carrots effortlessly
If you'd like to add more carrots into your diet, it's not as hard as you think. Try either of these tips:
- Add chopped carrots to your favorite rice pilaf mix.
- Whip up a homemade carrot cake.
- Add shredded carrots into your potato salad.
- Slice and marinate on fish dishes.
- Mix shredded carrots with lemon juice, Greek yogurt, garlic and parsley, and use as a topping for grilled meats.
- Add them to your muffin recipe.
- Put them into your smoothies.
- Shred them onto your burritos and quesadillas.
- Pickle them.
The Sole Toscana Beauty Team