If you have a nine to five schedule, it's tricky to maintain a consistent beauty routine for your hair and skin. Especially if you're going the DIY way.
SELF-CARE FOR HAIR?
Hair is the ultimate accessory! It's a woman's crowning glory. It goes without saying that your hair deserves just as much TLC as your skin.
You may be wondering how you can nourish your strands naturally. We've got you sorted! Here's our compilation of quick, DIY hair treatments that you can incorporate into your beauty regimen.
OUR FAVORITE DIY HAIR TREATMENTS
Let's start with a few recipes for enhancing your natural hair color. You can ditch the nasty chemical dyes for simple ingredients in your kitchen.
1. DIY hair treatment for blondes
Looking for a natural gloss or brightener for your blonde tresses? Use the recipe below.
Juice from1 lemon
1 tsp honey
1/2 cup chamomile tea
- Mix all the ingredients then store them in an 8 oz. spray bottle.
- Shampoo your hair then spray the mixture on your tips or roots as needed. This solution can be used on darker hair shades to give natural highlights.
- You don't need to rinse out the mixture. Leave it in for subtle and beautiful results.
2. DIY hair treatment for brunettes
This DIY recipe yields a thick, chocolate brown paste that you'll love. The cacao powder enhances your brown undertones. It penetrates deep into the hair shaft with help from the acids in both apple cider vinegar and yogurt.
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Combine all ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply onto clean, damp hair, spreading thoroughly from the roots to the tips. Leave in for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
3. DIY hair treatment for redheads
This color-boosting formula uses natural ingredients to boost your fiery red. Carrots are rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K, which nourish your hair. Cranberries enhance the ginger undertones. The acids in honey and yogurt aid the fruit and veggie pigments in penetrating your strands.
1/2 cup cranberries
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp plain yogurt
- Chop the carrots. Add to a food processor and make a gritty paste. Add the yogurt, cranberries, and honey. Pulse a few times to ensure it's thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop out the paste and apply onto clean, damp hair from root to the tips of your hair. Wear a shower cap for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse, condition, and style as you wish.
4. Deep-conditioning avocado treatment
If you have overripe, mushy avocados lying around in your kitchen, why not use them on your hair? Avocados have been used since early Egyptian times to nourish hair. They are rich in vitamins E, A, B6, C, K, protein, potassium, and copper. If applying mashed avocado only sounds scary, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
1-2 avocados, mashed
1 tbsp of carrier oil (optional)
2-3 drops of essential oil
- Mash the avocado in a bowl, add in your essential oil and carrier oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Before applying the masque, shampoo, rinse and wring out excess water from your hair.
- Cover your hair in a shower cap for 15 minutes to allow all of the nutrients to penetrate your strands. If your hair is too dry, you can add an oil like coconut, olive, or jojoba. Rinse thoroughly.
- Depending on your hair type, you may need to follow with conditioner.
5. DIY wave forming hair spray
If you love beach hair, you'll love this wave-forming recipe. It's like the ocean in a bottle!
- Hot water
- Epsom salts
- Himalayan or sea salt (optional)
- Aloe vera gel
- A few drops of essential oil (for a fresh ocean scent, use ylang ylang, cedarwood, rose or bergamot)
- A few drops of carrier oil such as coconut, jojoba, or olive
- Blend all ingredients and store in a 10-ounce glass spray bottle.
- Shake for 1 minute before using, until salts dissolve entirely.
- Spray onto damp hair and scrunch your strands with your hands or a dry towel. Your hair begins to form waves as the salt pulls moisture out of the strands. The oils play the role of maintaining moisture.
- If your hair is naturally straight, use this hack for popping waves. Braid hair into sections. Spray the mist generously onto the hair. Leave the braids in for several hours or overnight. Remove braids and enjoy the beautiful waves.
The Sole Toscana Beauty Team