If you're into exotic fruit oils for your skincare, allow us to introduce to you an ingredient with fantastic benefits- buriti fruit oil.
It's one of the exotic wonders from the Amazon Rainforest, a product of the buriti palm tree which the locals call "the tree of life." And indeed, this fruit oil brings your skin back to life.
About the ingredient itself
The buriti palm tree (scientifically called Mauritia flexuosa) prefers the swampy, tropical areas of South America, particularly Central Brazil and the southern Amazon basin. It resembles most palm trees, with large leaves and a rounded crown that grows up to 35 meters (115 feet) high. Its flowers are pale yellow and typically bloom from December to April.
Buriti fruit is shiny, round, and chestnut-colored, with bright yellow fleshy pulp. Inside the flesh is a hard edible nut. In the past, people used the fruit for food. These days, it's an ingredient in beverages, preservatives, and ice cream.
Buriti fruit oil's benefits to the skin
Buriti fruit oil is famous for its calming, soothing, and reviving properties. Its nutrients carry numerous benefits for the skin such as:
- Vitamin E: This potent antioxidant shields the skin from environmental stressors.
- Beta-carotene: This is also a powerful antioxidant. Buruti oil is said to provide the richest known natural source of beta-carotene.
- Essential fatty acids: These nutrients help to firm and tighten the skin, making it look more supple and also provides moisture.
- Vitamin C: Buriti oil is an excellent source of vitamin C, which works together with vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection.
- Apart from these benefits, buriti oil helps maintain hydration and can help lessen the dryness of winter and mature skin. It produces a more supple, youthful, and softer look and feel.
The Sole Toscana Beauty Team