As winter fades away and spring rolls around, we're happy to put away the numerous layers of clothing. The trees bring forth new leaves, and the blooming flowers fill our days with joy.
However, some days are still stubbornly cold. What can you do to keep the cheerful mood up during such days? Here are our top 4 handy tricks.
1 Planning & organizing
You don't have to wait until spring is at its peak to start doing what you love during the season. If you have a vegetable or flower garden, use the dreary days to plan what to sow, organize supplies, order seeds in advance, and research on best planting and growing methods. You can also start deep cleaning your house room by room.
2 Mood boosters
Cold weather automatically makes most of us experience low moods. It's easy to sulk and remain in a cocoon. However, instead of waiting to spontaneously feel better, be proactive. You can:
1. Soak in a warm, luxurious bath with clean skincare products. Allow yourself to unwind and enjoy the relaxing effect of the bath.
2. Exercise! Getting active is one of the quickest ways to boost your mood. Take a walk, jog, jump on a rebounder, or do some easy home workouts.
3. Enjoy your favorite hot cup of tea while watching the sunset, reading a book, or listening to music.
4. Use your skincare time as self-care sessions. Looking good will help you feel good.
5. Enjoy the sun- but remember to apply sunscreen every day.
3 Spend time with a loved one
If there's a friend or family member that you haven't seen for a while, why don't you meet and catch up? You could spend a few days at either one of your homes, or take some time away at a resort to unwind. Plan out some activities (indoor or outdoor, or both) that you both enjoy. As you get immersed in enjoying each other's company, you won't notice the time fly- and soon, spring will arrive.
4 Soup it up
There are countless tasty and healthy warming soup recipes that you can try. We have highlighted some of them in previous posts. Herbs and spices like ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, and red pepper will keep you feeling warm until the sun comes out.
The Sole Toscana Beauty Team