Fun fact: Red beets are one of the best detoxing foods you can eat. They contain compounds that dilate your lymph and blood vessels and enhance the elimination of built-up toxins from your system. Also, they provide super-antioxidants that support the liver in carrying out its detoxification functions.
What's more, beets aid in thinning bile and boosting your digestive enzymes. The proper flow of bile is critical for proper digestion.
If you find the taste of beets bland, spruce it up with this delicious Beet & Fennel Detox Soup recipe. It's perfect for the winter and spring months.
Warming, earthy, spicy, and satisfying- what more could you want from a soup? We recommend eating it with a crunchy green salad and a side of quinoa.
• 1 medium onion, finely diced
• 3 medium red beets
• 2 carrots, finely diced
• 1 small fennel bulb, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• Ripe, but firm avocado, sliced
• 2 cups of warm vegetable broth
• Juice of ½ a lemon
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 tbsp chia & pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces, and 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
• Place the unpeeled beets in a pot, pour in water until it covers the beets completely. Boil then simmer for 30 minutes until soft.
• Drain the water and set aside to cool.
• Pour the coconut oil into a cast-iron skillet. Add the carrots, onions, and fennel. Fry lightly for 2- 3 minutes. Add the cumin and fenugreek seeds, garlic, and fennel. Fry for 5-7 minutes over low heat. Remove the skillet from the heat.
• Peel the beets and cut them into cubes. Add them into the blender, together with the lemon juice, salt, cooked vegetables, and warm vegetable broth.
• Blend these ingredients until you obtain a smooth cream.
• Season with salt as desired. Garnish with avocado, coconut milk, and mixed seeds.
The Sole Toscana Beauty Team